Following a previous, getting to know the DDMC802, I introduce the DDMC-GRMS multipurpose modular room controller.
The Philips Dynalite DDMC-GRMS is a general room automation and energy management system. Allowing for a range of output modules, the compact unit delivers the ultimate in room comfort through seamless control of lighting, curtains and blinds, as well as limiting standby current consumption from electronic devices connected to power outlets.
- One 16 A power relay – Enables a total energy management solution, reducing standby power consumption by switching power outlets.
- Three switching channels – Provide additional on/off control of other lighting fixture types.
- Five channel modular controller – Leading and trailing edge dimming modules, signal dimming modules and relay control modules available.
- Two built-in motor directional relays – Provides control of motorized blinds for a full automation solution.
- Pre-programmed – No programming required as the unit is supplied with complex functions such as ‘master on/off’, ‘room unoccupied’, ‘do not disturb’ or ‘make up room’ already configured. The device can be reconfigured to meet any project requirements. Alternatively, it can be programmed with System Builder, as you would a typical multipurpose modular controller.
- Single box solution – Provides an economical total energy management solution.
- Built-in sequential logic functionality – Allows intelligent responses to programmed triggers.
Buy multipurpose modular controller…
DDMC-GRMS Multipurpose modular controller
DDLM102 1x 2A Leading edge dimmer module
DDTM102 1x 2A Trailing edge dimmer module
DDBM101 1x 2A Ballast control module
DDRM104 1x 4A Relay module
There are many applications for the DDMC-GRMS. I have found that the most effective way of specifying the product is the understand its capabilities, and quantify the loads around it.
I was recently involved with the specification of a special needs community housing project that featured multiple single dwelling units. Each unit had simple living and kitchen spaces, single bedroom and bathroom; an ideal application for the DDMC-GRMS.
The DDMC-GRMS used five channels of trailing edge dimming, and three switched relay channels. An ethernet gateway, power supply, and a selection of Antumbra lighting control panels, and recessed multifunction sensors completed the specification.
5x DDTM102 Trailing edge dimmer modules
1x DDNP1501 Power supply
1x PDEG Ethernet gateway
4x PA6BPA-WA-L Antumbra button application modules
4x DACM Dynet communications modules
2x DUS360CR multifuction recessed sensor
This series of articles focuses on products from the Philips Dynalite networked lighting control portfolio. Many industry professionals regard Philips Dynalite as being the world’s best lighting control system, that I have represented with Lightmoves for many years. SimonLakey